Sunday, February 12, 2012

RIP Whitney Houston, 8/9/1963 – 2/11/2012


As almost everybody knows already, Whitney Houston passed away yesterday. This news saddened me for a few reasons, and I just felt the need to voice some of them here.

First off, I loved her music as a kid, so I feel like a piece of that time is just gone. I remember when I was little, I would watch The Preacher's Wife around Christmastime on Disney Channel. I always sang along with the music in that movie... :-( 

And when Prince of Egypt came out, Disney would play Mariah Carey and Whitney's duet "When You Believe" from that movie A LOT, and though I never got to see the movie, I LOVED that song. I still listen to it on YouTube every one in a while.

On top of that there is all over the other wonder music that I have grown up with that came from her. I don't even have to give you a list... even people who didn't enjoy her music know at least ONE song of hers. That kinda says something in itself...

What make this passing the saddest is watching someone as talented as Whitney go down the horrible path they did, and never have the chance to make a true comeback. In the back of my mind I was always hoping that she would someday be able to clean up, get her life back in order, and come back on top like the true diva she was meant to be. And maybe, if that happened, she could become a source of inspiration for others who have ended up on the same road she was on... to show them they CAN get better, and they CAN have their lives and dreams back.

But that never happened  for her. So I grieve not only for her, but for the chance she never got in the end.

Rest in peace Whitney, you will be missed. :-(

Whitney Elizabeth Houston, August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012


Comments welcome and appreciated.

No comments: