Monday, April 9, 2012

Geek NOMs: Homemade Mocha Coolatta!

So like any good geek, I love (and NEED) my caffeine, which for me is usually coffee. And when I want coffee, I would rather not have to run to a coffee shop and leave my computering/gaming behind just to get my fix. My solution? Make my my own!

Sure, a pot of coffee is easy enough to make on your own. But when the weather gets warmer, I lean more towards coffee Coolattas from Dunkin Donuts... but that is inconvenient and can get expensive. So when I got my new blender for Christmas, I decided that I needed to solve this problem!
And after much trial and error, I think I finally have this recipe down. So go ahead and try it out, and see if I'm right!


Homemade Mocha Coolatta

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 Cups of crushed ice
  • 1/2 water
  • 3/4 milk (I used soy milk for mine)
  • Sugar, however much you would usually put in your coffee
  • 1 tablespoon instant coffee
  • 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional… for awesome mocha!)
Directions:

Put all ingredients in a blender, and… blend, lmao.



Yes, it sounds simple... but that is because it is, haha. Not to mention convenient, because it's made from stuff I always have in my kitchen. And this recipe makes enough to fill my ginormous mug! Awesome, right? Now off to drink my coffee...



Did you try the recipe? Let me know how it came out! Found some ways to make it better? Then send those ideas my way! (Please?)

And as always...

Thanks for reading!! (^_^)

No comments: