Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Facebook's New Feed : WTF... or not?

So I woke up this morning to find almost every status update on my Facebook feed saying something to the effect of, "WTF Facebook?! I hate this new feed setup!" Next came the barrage of "I Hate The New Facebook Feed" photos (like the one below) and all-caps rants about the new feed setup, all littering my feed.

In the time that I have been a user of their services, Facebook has changed their layout, added new features, and changed their customization and privacy options quite a few times. And these changes always seem to lead to the same kind of uproar from their users. Yet most of these same users, after their threats of deleting their accounts, or even starting a boycott of the website (these claims always make me laugh), almost always end up keeping their Facebook accounts anyway. And you never hear a peep from these users again about the "horrid updates" they were so outraged about. That is, until there's another update.

I admit, that photo viewer that they introduced a while ago bugged me a bit. But all of the other things offered by the service more than made up for it, at least in my opinion. In the end, the thing that always keeps me from griping about any of these changes too quickly (or at all) is the fact that Facebook is a free service. I would understand being upset if we were paying a monthly fee or something, but that's not the case. And it's not as if there aren't any other social networking sites.

So I am posing a question to anyone out there actually reading this blog:

If these updates are so horrible, why do you stay?



All comments are welcome. I'm looking forward to your input!

No comments: