Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Exams... Funny? *confused*



I know, it's kind of strange to miss anything about school (unless we are talking friends or... well, fun stuff) when you finally escape its clutches. But then again, I never said I wasn't little strange, haha.

I was taking this online practice test for the A+ Certification exam, and when got to this question (see screenshot to the right) it made me start reminiscing about college; more specifically, college exams.

Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of taking tests. The pressure, the eerie silence of the classroom, not to mention the fear of a horrible grade. Multiple choice, even being one of the easier test formats, still brought about these same stresses for me. However, some instructors seemed to find a way to relieve some of the the stress, at least in my case, by adding something to multiple choice questions that one usually doesn't expect in an exam; humor. And it was used much like it was in the online exam I screen-captured and posted here.

I noticed this in only a few exams the whole time I was matriculated, but looking back, those were the exams I did better on. So it makes me wonder, why can't this method be used in all multiple choice exams? I'm not saying on every question or anything... just one or two questions per test. Am I the only one who has wondered about this?

No comments: