Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year, New List... and a Party!

So New Year's 2012 is almost here and like most people, I have a small list of things I would like to have happen next year. Unlike most people, some of things I have included on my list aren't exactly resolutions... just things I kinda want to get done. My list so far, in not particular order:

I mean seriously, this wallpaper is just not pretty. :-\
  • Get an awesome job.
  • Write a new song.
  • Actually play guitar more than a couple times a month.
  • Finish watching Farscape and Legend of the Seeker.
  • Learn something new. (Language? Art? Games? Anything!)
  • Lose even more weight (Doing well so far on this one!)
  • Complete at least a couple of my many unfinished video games. (Especially since I started yet another one... *sigh*)
  • Start drawing on a regular basis again. (Already got a head start on this one!)
  • Buy a car. (The awesome job might help with this, haha)
  • Put some money BACK INTO my savings. (Hello awesome job? Can you hear me?)
  • Spruce up my house... for example, get rid of the ugly-ass wallpaper in my living room. *blech*
  • Find a way to put my degree in computer science to use. (Like with an awesome job of some kind...)
So yeah, that's my list so far.

Other that the list making, I have been preparing for the hopefully-super-fun New Year's Eve shindig my boyfriend and I will be throwing at our place. Food, movies, music, and video games... fun, right? But in the typical crazy Shantelle fashion, I decided to make a turkey dinner for our party. An 18 pound turkey. With potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce... yeah, you get the idea. Half of me is saying, "WTF ARE YOU THINKING!?", while the other half is saying, "Mmm... turkey.... *insert Homer Simpson gurgling sounds here*." It should be fun though, even if I went a little overboard. I'm pretty excited for the most part, haha.

Well, that's all I have to ramble about for now. Until next time!


Comments and/or questions are always appreciated, so please feel free to leave me something!
And as always, thanks for reading! (^_^)

No comments: